Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Catch of the day

Bitty, the wild missy
Squirrel, ok with Bitty being the main hunter

It's the Wild Kingdom here in the house.  I was in the kitchen telling spouse something, when in came both Bitty and Squirrel.  Bitty had what appeared to be a toy in her mouth.  Turned out to be a LIVE MOUSE !  Oh my.  She set it down on the floor and was having a ball chasing it around.  Squirrel has been an inside kitty pretty much forever, but Bitty had a previous life before being fostered and then adopted by me.  I got her when she was about 15 months old, and I suspect she was once on the street fending for herself.  No earthly idea how a live mouse got in the house (maybe drought related?), but Bitty was on it !  Spouse decided not to risk it getting away from Bitty and remaining live "somewhere" in the house, so he and Bitty chased it into the bathroom and closed the door while I covered my eyes and ears.  Bitty chased it into spouse's area, and he dispatched it.  Teamwork !  We decided to let Bitty play with it, since she'd done a lot of work.  She pushed it around and played with it quite a long while before deciding to head to her food bowl for a snack.  Call of the wild my foot, haha.  Never a dull moment around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment