Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mayhem

I tell ya, I can't leave for even a minute before the 'kids' are misbehavin'.   Either that, or a cat came and disturbed the nice afternoon nap the hens were enjoying, and they scattered widely.  Here's June, visiting the neighbor.   Oh, don't mind me, I'm just sitting on your window sill, minding my own business (or hoping you'll buy my Avon).

I have no idea at this moment where my two other girls are.  They aren't in the usual places, but there are no signs of a struggle, so perhaps they're visiting elsewhere too?  Hmmm, hope they make it home in time for dinner.

Do you know where your children are?  Clearly, I don't.

Update:  Neighbor said a big yellow dog came marauding down my driveway and chased the chickens.  Dang, I should have closed the gate.  By choice the hens don't wander far, but I didn't do a good job of protecting them.   I may be down to two.  :-(

2nd Update:  Crisis averted---3rd 'hen' (I hope they are hens) showed back up.  She's now put herself to bed in the tree (I hope all 3 of them start doing that--it's just safer for them), and the other two are wandering back and forth deciding where they'd like to sleep.  Whew.  No lost hens today.

No comments:

Post a Comment