Friday, June 4, 2010

Birdie babble will be back

I've taken my roosters (oh phooey) to the feed store now.  Since there's infrastructure work going on on my block, and my yard and sidewalk are completely torn up with large equipment and dump trucks etc etc all coming back next week, I'm going to hold off at least a week on getting any real hens.

I think I may get just 2 hens, and the feed store has them clearly identified as boy or girl.  No need for a large flock, and they can keep each other company.

Now back to thinking up names I guess.  Hmmm.....

By the way, the little roosters did almost jump in the cat carrier.  It was suggested by a friend that I put a pan of food in there and see if they'll just walk right in.  Worked with 2 of them, and if the third hadn't jumped on top of the carrier instead of around it (he startled the other two, which then startled him too), it might have worked with all 3.  Husband caught the third for me, and off they went in the car with me to the feed store.

This is what the 3rd looked like while we were trying to catch him.  The picture is borrowed, but you get the idea....

No comments:

Post a Comment