Thursday, June 3, 2010

Only my chicks left??

Well, there's been an odd turn of events, and Dorothy is now finally gone.  Here is my best guess.  The place the 'neighborhood chickens' have lived is owned by a guy.  But one evening earlier this week, a lady with an English accent saw me on my porch watching my chickens, and she asked me if I have seen hers.  I told her indeed I'd made friends of hers, and liked the black one especially (the one I call Dorothy).

I saw what appeared to be someone moving in or out at that house recently, and all of a sudden that yard has cleaned up greatly.  My best guess is that the owner rented it out for a couple of years or something maybe, and perhaps the woman (who I've never seen prior to that evening) might have been a renter??

And perhaps she's now moved on, and taken what was left of the flock with her?  All guesses.  I'm just sad Dorothy isn't around anymore.  She was my pal.

No comments:

Post a Comment